|Date of Birth||1971|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Hometown||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|College/University||University of Canterbury
Harvard Business School
|Educational Qualification||• Masters of Commerce (Honours)
• Global Strategic Management course
|Net Worth (approx.)||$17 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Campbell Wilson
- Campbell Wilson is a New Zealand businessman who is the CEO and Managing Director of Air India. He is the former CEO of Scoot, a budget career by Singapore Airlines, and has over 26 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- He spent his childhood in Christchurch, New Zealand. In 1990, he attended the University of Canterbury for pursuing his Masters of Commerce in Business Administration and passed out in 1994.
- He began his career as a Management Trainee at Singapore Airlines (SIA) in Auckland, New Zealand in 1996. A few months later, he became the Sales Development Manager and held this position till March 1999 after which he became the Regional Marketing Manager in Sydney Australia. After a year, he was promoted to the position of Sales Manager which he held for two years and nine months.
- For the next few years, he continued to work in diverse roles at Singapore Airlines. In June 2006, he became the Vice President of the Canada Region after which he was promoted to become the General Manager of the Hong Kong region in June 2008. After this, he became the General Manager of the Japan region and worked at this post for one year and three months.
- In May 2011, he became the Chief Executive Officer of Scoot. Scoot is the low cost carrier of Singapore Airlines Group. He left this position in June 2016 and went on to begin working as the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing of SIA. As the Senior Vice President, he handled Merchandising, Global Sales, Pricing, Distribution, eCommerce, and Branding & Marketing of Singapore Airlines’ overseas office. Mint In the same year, he went on to study further and did the Global Strategic management course. LinkedIn In April 2020, he bounced back and became the CEO of Scoot.
- In May 2022, he resigned from the position of CEO at Scoot, and on 12 May 2022, Tata Sons announced his appointment as the CEO of Air India.
- Sons Chairman Mr. N Chandrasekaran made the announcement of Cambell’s appointment and said,
I am delighted to welcome Campbell to Air India. He is an industry veteran having worked in key global markets cutting across multiple functions. Further, Air India would benefit from his added experience of having built an airline brand in Asia. I look forward to working with him in building a world-class airline.’ Tata
Campbell expressed his gratitude for this opportunity, he said,
It is an honour to be selected to lead the iconic Air India and be a part of the highly respected Tata group. Air India is at the cusp of an exciting journey to become one of the best airlines in the world, offering world-class products and services with a distinct customer experience that reflects Indian warmth and hospitality. I am excited to join Air India and Tata colleagues in the mission of realising that ambition.’ Tata